Thursday, January 6, 2011

Done and Done...

I can't take it anymore.  Out with Hodgson.  "Dejection, bitter disappointment, frustration." He just took over a few months ago. It's us that are feeling those three words as if they were cold steel piercing our hearts.  It's days like this when I think back to a quote delivered by Alan Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham in a Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood...

Sheriff - "I'll cut his (Robin's) heart out with a spoon!"
Guy of Gisborne - "Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?"
Sheriff - "Because it's DULL, you twit. It'll hurt more."

So um...yeah...That seems more appropriate. Not so much a piercing of the heart, but a slow and painful ladling of our tormented, dying hearts and souls...

Its time for him to go. Cannot wait any damn longer. I was able to watch the first 20 minutes and I thought we looked a little off the mark with our chances. But I mean, come on...it's Blackburn. We're Liverpool. Damn, I guess that the problem now. What does it mean to be Liverpool anymore, anyway...

With Glennie "Juventus" Johnson turning in a disastrous performance at RB (dare I say "again"), and The Greek getting turned as if he were a pretty little daisy in the middle of a tornado (once more, a common occurrence)...our defense is floundering in a sea of shite.  Glen just looks like he needs to be a winger. He seems to care much more and show greater focus when he's attacking than when he's guarding his own end. I think he may very well be on his way. I don't want to see him go, but his performances are akin to a schoolboy looking out the window and counting the clouds in the sky while the lecture is going on.

Come on January...Come on Transfer window. I am rooting for you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment