Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Making my way in the world today

As the position of Interim DOC at JIYSC takes over my life...I couldn't ask for anything more. At least at this time. The challenges laid out, the relationships forged, the hard work and collaborative ideas realized are all worth the effort. This is fun. It doesn't seem like work when it is doing something you love. And I love soccer. I truly, madly, deeply do. For me right now, I want to keep the main focus of my work as an elaboration on my desire to share the game and help these kids fall in love with it as I do. With so many alternative activities and electronics available to stimulate/rot/attack the minds of our children, it is so very important to me to keep things simple and just let them love the game. The ball can become an extension of your body. The pitch an extension of your soul.

And when I think about my Club, the people in it and how good I feel when I'm out there on the grass...an old song comes to mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment